Tips to keep clothes looking like new
Uniforms are designed so that the employees can perform their function in the most comfortable and safe way possible. For this reason, at Norvil we not only look at the design and quality of the fabrics, but we also pay close attention to the care of each garment so that it resists in an optimal way the working conditions.
In order for uniforms to last longer and prolong its useful life, it is important to follow a series of washing and caring instructions such as those mentioned below.
Caring instructions for all types of garments
Pay attention to the caring instructions of each garment such as washing, drying and ironing tips. All these information can be found on the labels sewn inside of each garment.
Do not mix garments of different colors or fabrics. Thus, the colors and properties of each fabric will be better preserved.
Garments that can be mixed:
- Highly resistant garments: cotton, denim, polyester and linen.
- Synthetic fiber garments: nylon, viscose, polyamides, etc.
- Delicate garments: wool, silk, corduroy, mohair, etc.
It is important that when washing the clothes you pay attention to the temperature indicated on label and whenever it is possible, wash it at an even lower temperature.
The ironing moment is another delicate moment. Look closely at the type of fabric since synthetic garments should not be ironed because they are very sensitive to heat. Whenever the label indicates that the garment must be ironed inside out, it must be done in this way; otherwise the garment can be damaged.
Dark or bright colors garments should not be exposed directly to the sun, as this can damage and lower the color.
Specific care for knitwear
Knitwear is more delicate than other types of fabrics and requires a very specific care that will lengthen its quality.
- Wash the garments inside out. Knitwear should be washed inside out and if possible inside a net bag to prevent it from snagging.
- It is not recommended to use softener in this type of garments. Ideally, use a mild detergent for washing.
- Dryer cannot be used. You must dry it on a smooth surface horizontally.
Finally, if you have any questions about how to take care of any of our clothes, you can visit the online product page of each of our uniforms and take a look at the 'washing instructions' tab.